So, my childhood sweetheart looks me up...

So, my childhood sweetheart looks me up after 30 years and he lives in Alaska! From the moment I hear myself say his name again I am taken back to a time when fairy tales really can come true. To a time when nothing can keep you from making dreams become a substance that is tangible, exploding with life and everything you imagined they would be. You know, those days when life was a clean slate and we were so innocent and oblivious to the games, to the disappointment, to the sound of dreams shattering…

After a rendezvous in the south that seemed to pick up exactly where we left off at seventeen years old, I’m invited to Alaska! You might be one of the many who have always hoped to visit that magical place of snow capped mountains, rugged tourain with mysterious tales lingering along every path and rumors of gold in every town. This girl? No! I have never had a thought of going to the coldest state in the nation! Why the heck do you think I live in Alabama??
Determined to see my prince charming though….off I go!

No comments: