He's The BOSS!

 
 
One afternoon I had whipped into a gas station on my way home from work. After I finished pumping the gas I jumped back into my little Volvo and turned toward the 4 lane road that would take me home.  As I was watching heavy afternoon traffic going left and right, all of a sudden everything stopped. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the traffic stopping problem coming straight at me from across the street! A full grown ENORMOUS moose, or should I call him Mr. Moose, was strolling my way and he expected all of us to wait until he had successfully made his cross!
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Mr. Moose slowly walked at his own pace, ignoring the 40 or so cars that had lined up on both sides of the road either waiting or just watching as he made his way through the middle of the road in the middle of the city. I'm sitting on the side road in the direct path of this enormous creature feeling very small and wondering if he is going to walk across me or around me! If moose feel threatened they can and will attack. There have been many unfortunate incidents of such attacks. I decided to sit very quietly and still while I inconspicuously snapped a few pictures.


 
After this guy got more than an uncomfortable distance to me, he turned into the right hand side of the road as if he were just cruising with the flow of traffic and headed East. I breathed a sigh of relief and watched him as he walked to the side of the road, allowing traffic to flow once again.

 
See how huge he is compared to the car to his left?? My little car is even smaller than that. He was one of the largest moose that I have seen up close! I was for once, glad that I had to stop for gas, one of my least likeable things to do. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this!
 
He didn't seem to be lost or confused and we most certainly weren't bothering him in the least. Maybe he was just on his way home from work like the rest of us! Either way, he was definitely the boss today!
 

No comments: